RE: Bird ID Needed

Subject: RE: Bird ID Needed
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:04:27 -0700
Marty

I record where I can mate, I have recorded at Cougar mountain and Tiger
Mountain, these are great places In the =1B$B!H=1B(Bwee small hours=1B$B!I=
=1B(B Marymoor
park and State Park are good spots too, but you have to get up before
the people noises, those parks are sandwiched between the 520 & I-90 so
a lot of pollution is involved.
I recorded last Sunday at Redmond Reservoir, I generally scout around to
see possible sites and check them out, IE: tree types, density etc. I
use a terrific piece of software called =1B$B!H=1B(BEarthViewer 3D NVIDIA=
=1B$B!I=1B(B I can
nail a point and zoom down from space to see how vast the area is and
what type of vegetation there is plus the density.

< This gives me an idea: A few of my warbler recordings from NW
Washington I
would love to have verified as to species and typicality (is this a
word?)
- sometimes what you watch on the hemlock branch, eating bugs in the
sunlight might not be what the recorder records . . .  perhaps I'll post
few, in the next few days and ask for help from you, Mark, Doug and
anyone
else with western warbler expertise.>

This would be great, I look forward to helping ID them :-)

Martyn