Re: Bird ID Needed

Subject: Re: Bird ID Needed
From: "M, J, & V Phinney" <>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 06:06:32 -0700
Although I'm not intimately familiar with bird sounds of the pacific
northwest, I also never underestimate the variability of towhee
vocalisations. Those introductory notes are unusual, especially given the
long pause before the trill on the last couple of songs. That said however,
the trill sounds like rather classic towhee so my vote is for an odd spotte=
towhee. Can't say that I've ever heard one just like it though.

Mark Phinney