Re: marker pens

Subject: Re: marker pens
From: Dan Dugan <>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:55:04 -0700
Evert, you wrote,

>A sticker is a piece of paper with a self glueing underside.
>Worst case is a label not roundly shaped, not put between the center
>of the hole in the middle of the CDR; that causes a little weight at
>a certain point thus irregular spinning behaviour.
>A complete covering round label (often the ones you can put on the
>CDR with label-software) add far too much weight,

More weight =3D more stable rotation

>  and you take the
>risk that the added weight is not added equally balanced (a little of
>center).

No problem using an applicator jig.

>This is very easily audible during the (more) silent parts.

If so you have a hardware problem that should be addressed. Either a
marginally-aligned player, or too-low RF levels on your CDR burns. Do
commercial CDs play ok? Send me one of your CDRs for an RF level
check.

>Avoid any thing you 'stick', put or glue on the upper (and lower!)
>surface of the CDR.
>If you want to be certain the best you can; just don't write anything
>on it, write it on the jewelbox. Second best scenario; write on the
>see thru part where no metal is underneath...
>
>Regards,
>Evert - they sometimes call me paranoid, but it is better to be safe
>than sorry...

Agreed with that last, but labeling CDRs should be part of a normal
production operation. If you can't do it you have a problem to solve.

-Dan Dugan