Re: marker pens

Subject: Re: marker pens
From: "evertveldhuis" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:26:10 -0000
--- In  Vicki Powys <> wrote:
Evert and All,

> But a CD-R that lasts only ten years??!!  Shock horror!!=20
> The Verbatim "DataLifePlus" CD-R
> discs that I use (when I can get them) claim "100 years archival
> life".  I was hoping for perhaps 50 years, if stored in good
> conditions.  Are Verbatim and other CD-R manufacturers' claims for
> their products, patently untrue?
>
> Vicki Powys
> Australia

Vicki,

I am sorry to have shocked you for no reason: I was talking about the
average lifespan of the normal data CDR's.
There are always exceptions both positive and negative. If Verbatim
(which is said to be very reliable) or other well known manufacturers
claims there special CDR will last for at least 100 years, I believe
them.
But you are very right to assume that their statement will be
absolutely true if you make it 50 years, as said before, better safe
than sorry.

Regards, Evert