Re: marker pens

Subject: Re: marker pens
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:15:18 -0000
This thread is making me very scared.

When I dive for sound the disks are flying.  Without labels that are
descriptive and complete my archive of edited material is worthless.

I don't archive my original material to CD but I have thought that
CD's were the best archive available for my edited material.

Somebody please post some information on how to archive material on
CD's for long term and high quality performance.  I want to know the
right way to buy and edit CD's as well as to check the integrity of
the end product.

Also, nobody that I give material to wants a unlabeled CD and I have
no desire to distribute crud.

Rich Peet

--- In  Dan Dugan <> wrote:
> Evert, you wrote,
>
> >If you want to test your setup: apply 2 labels on the same CDR,
> >listen to it and listen to a identical copy with no label on it, I
> >bet you can hear the difference then.
>
> I have a better idea. Send me an identical pair of your CDRs,
labeled
> and unlabeled, and I'll tell you how the error rates differ.
>
> Just one recorded track will be sufficient, I only measure track 1.
Mail to: