Re: marker pens

Subject: Re: marker pens
From: "evertveldhuis" <>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:52:12 -0000
--- In  Dan Dugan <> wrote:
> Not my experience. I apply Neato labels to all the CDs I produce
> for customers, and they play very well. The effects you describe
> may be due to marginal RF level (raw digital recording level,
> pit/land contrast), an increasing problem with CDRs since the dyes
> have changed to accomodate higher-speed burning. Today's CDRs are
> less playable, folks.
>
> -Dan Dugan

Dan,

I was talking about CDR's burned 5 years ago at 1 speed.
I have burned some CDR's, duo's actually and applied labels on every
2nd copy. The instant I applied a label on it I could immediately
hear a difference. I must admitt that I am playing those on my 1988
audio CD player, thru great sounding headphones.
And my ears are 'only' 32 years old.

If you want to test your setup: apply 2 labels on the same CDR,
listen to it and listen to a identical copy with no label on it, I
bet you can hear the difference then.

Regards, Evert