birding-aus

Lyrebird Chain-saw Mimicry

To: Chris Sanderson <>, <>
Subject: Lyrebird Chain-saw Mimicry
From: Syd Curtis <>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:57:35 +1000
Thanks Chris,

      I guess the poor bird certainly heard chain-saws often enough if
adjacent to a clear-felled area.

What time of the year was it?   It would  be a most interesting development
if it were included in the breeding season song - approx. May-August.  As
I've indicated, outside the breeding season they are likely to include
sounds they don't normally do, but not on any sort of regular basis such
that one could go there with a recorder and have a reasonable chance of
getting the sound.

Cheers

Syd

Warning: Persons without a sense of humour should not read the note appended
at the end of this.      You have been warned!