birding-aus

Winton, QLD

To: "'birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Winton, QLD
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 13:47:54 +1000
It could be suggested that if the environment is there, for birds (and other
fauna) to use, in conjunction with filling the waste water treatment role, then
that serves a purpose that should be our focus, if we have a real interest in
conservation of birds. Writing about it as though the focus should be our
tourist interests tends to mock the aspect of the use for the birds (at least
just a bit). Of course I am also someone who likes to be able to get into good
bird habitat to see the birds, but in the end, my enjoyment is trivial and is
less important than that the birds are able to get into good bird habitat. When
I travel I actually don't spend much money, in comparison with other types of
tourists (I suspect most of bird watchers are like that).

Philip