birding-aus

Lesser Black-backed Gull at Broome tip

To: "'Philip Veerman'" <>, "'Chris Corben'" <>, <>
Subject: Lesser Black-backed Gull at Broome tip
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:42:58 +1100
G'day Philip,

You have covered the Gull DNA issues thoroughly here but I recon it would
still be worth grabbing a feather or two, especially if it settles down and
starts moulting more aggressively, would be silly to leave them sitting on
the ground and second guess the likelihood of them being of any value. There
has been a lot of work done on Gull genetics and I suspect a number of Gull
experts in Europe and elsewhere would be interested to know which migrant
species is actually capable of reaching Australia's western side.

Cheers Jeff.