birding-aus

Swarovski's

To: <>
Subject: Swarovski's
From: "Richard King" <>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 12:19:26 +0800
I like to buy equipment in Australia when I can, but sometimes the overseas
deals are just too good. I received this email from a friend yesterday, who
has just bought the Swarovski EL 10x42 binos.

 "I actually ordered my binos from http://www.bhphotovideo.com
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/>  in the US. As you know, the UK exchange rate
is never favourable for us, but the US is much better. They were still at
least $500 cheaper than the best Aus price I could find and about $1000
cheaper than the average aussie price! I have used these guys before and
they are good."

I have personally bought binoculars, video cameras and other gear from
overseas. One video camera from the US saved me over $2000 compared to the
best Aussie prices. I have never had any problems with any gear yet, but the
way I look at it, with that saving I could ship it back to the US quite a
few times if I had to!

I think most companies are good when it comes to any repairs (maybe due to
all the competition), I know Swarovski are. My wife bought her Swarovski
8x42 in the UK years ago and the eyecup broke here recently. Swarovski
Australia repaired it no problems.

Cheers,

Richard