birding-aus

Black Noddy ethics

To: Birding-aus Aus <>
Subject: Black Noddy ethics
From: David Stowe <>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 20:23:58 +1000
Well I have been prosecuted by the punctuation police, dobbed in by the definition detectives, and bludgeoned by the birdwatching big wigs! Not to mention let off by the loose liberal listers!

Thanks all for the interesting discussion. (even if some did take it a tad too seriously).
It has made me think and digest alot of things.

My personal summary from all this is:
My Aus life list stands at 510. (potentially large enough to be accused of cheating??). Whether that includes Black Noddy or not is (i realise now) irrelevant as it is (as many have said) just a number and gives absolutely no indication of what i am like as a person or indeed what birdwatching actually means to me personally. It also has no bearing on how helpful i am to others on the list and beyond or what i do to increase awareness of birds in the community.
I love "birdwatching" and what the word means to me.

If you meet me in the bush, i'll be the one with a camera, a noteboook, and a great big smile.

Enjoy the birds friends. I know i will.

Cheers
Dave

PS - for some more photos of Noddies check out my new bird image website
http://pbase.com/davidstowe
Hope the photos bring you joy.