Re: Continuous long tracks with Olympus LS11

Subject: Re: Continuous long tracks with Olympus LS11
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:36 pm ((PDT))
Thanks to everyone for your replies!  My friend doing the recording
project will now use 48 khz to allow for a longer sequence of up to 2
hours, just in case her Pied Butcherbird sings for more than one
hour.  Usually one hour is enough to capture a full cycle of the pre-
dawn song, but sometimes they go longer.  And there was no problem in
joining the two files made using 96 kHz setting.

When one travels huge distances and makes a supreme effort to get a
recording, it is great to know that naturerecordists members from
around the world are so ready and willing to help out with almost
instant advice!

thanks so much,

Vicki Powys

com

> Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] Continuous long tracks with Olympus
> LS11
>
> Many thanks Peter Shute!  I guess the really long recordings people
> make are done on recorders other than the Olympus LS series?
>
> Vicki Powys
>

> On 18/08/2016, at 1:06 PM, Peter Shute <=
w.org.au

> [naturerecordists] wrote:
>
>> I just checked the LS-10 manual, and it says it creates a new file
>> once it reaches 2GB. 65 minutes sounds about right for 96kHz.
>>
>> Peter Shute

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: