Re: Continuous long tracks with Olympus LS11

Subject: Re: Continuous long tracks with Olympus LS11
From: lamprophis1963
Date: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:39 am ((PDT))
I don't know if recorders will time stamp a file name, but I use a free pro=
gram called Bulk Rename Utility which allows me to rename all of my files i=
n a particular folder from the name given by my recorder to a date and time=
 format automatically.   =0D
=0D
 The program is very powerful and customizable.  With a few keystrokes you =
can automatically read the file metadata and rename every file to something=
 like 2016-08-30_22-41-36_001.wav or any other format that would be useful.=
  Unfortunately, you can't use colons in a file name so the time 22:42:36 h=
as to be separated by some acceptable character which you can define.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 (The ability to enter custom formats is very powerful.  I use a custom for=
mat for the file prefix to replace the recorder's file prefix with the date=
 and time of the recording.  The format I use is %Y-%M-%d_%H-%M-%S_.  There=
 is lots of good information in the help file about customizing formats)=0D
 =0D
 I use the Modified time in the file metadata rather than the Created time =
because the created time can be changed when I copy files to my computer.  =
The Modified time keeps the original time of recording.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 It isn't straight out of the recorder, but it does get the job done quickl=
y for large numbers of files and would allow them to be easily sorted and a=
ppended.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 I have no affiliation with the program whatsoever, I have just been using =
it for years and have been 100% satisfied.  It is free and although it does=
 show ads, they are almost unnoticeable on the very bottom of the screen.  =
I actually had to look to check if there really were any ads!=0D
 =0D
=0D
 Chris=0D
=0D