Re: Continuous long tracks with Olympus LS11

Subject: Re: Continuous long tracks with Olympus LS11
From: "Gianni Pavan" gpavan1960
Date: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:08 am ((PDT))
Hi all, I agree with Vicky. It is a pity that recorders split files at
3:06:24.76 of duration (48kHz,16bit) ! It would be a lot easier to manage
them if they were splitted at integer hour duration
To make easier the management of those files I use to rename them when they
are still in the recorder attached to the PC; this way I can add to the
filename the creation time (and date too if the recorder just numbers the
files progressively). The only one pocket recorder (AFAIK) able to add a
complete time stamp (date+time) is the Yamaha Pockettrack PCR7,
unfortunately its quality is debatable if used with its internal mics.

Do you know other pocket recorders able to name files with date AND time ?

In my PC based recording programs I split files at the beginning of each
hour (or half hour, or at every 10th minute) to have all them well time
aligned. I also use to embed in the file name date and time, this way when
I play back the files with my own software I have a continuous real date
and time display.

Gianni

--
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universit=E0 degli Studi di Pavia

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: