Re: 8 channel portable recorder with phantom power or pip

Subject: Re: 8 channel portable recorder with phantom power or pip
From: "Gerrit" gerritjanbeumer
Date: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:10 am ((PDT))
For pip an array of 4x 2 (4 stereo recorders eg Sony PCMM10 or Olympus LS s=
eries) may work?
Good Pip and redundancy.
My 2cents...
Who can chime in to explain if/how those 4-sets of stereo tracks can be tim=
e-alligned correctly for proper "surround" reproduction?

It may be necessary to both sync at the beginning and "duration match"  I g=
uess? The latter to correct any time-base variations between recorders?

I guess Audacity and the likes could do the trick(s)?
But mayby such an approach is incapable of sufficient accuracy to capture/p=
reserve all intricate timing differences ivolved in 3D audio reoroduction.
Am myself experimenting with ambiophonics (cross-talk elimination) and quad=
rophonic replay  of 2x2 stereo (front & rear) ambiophones. So am interested=
 in sny /all experiences related to (two) multiple recorders recorded sound=
tracks into one coherent 4- track (durround) audiosignal.

G'Day

Gerrit

On 16 Jun 2016, at 17:24, <> [natu=
rerecordists] <<=
oogroups.com>> wrote:

I am looking for 8 channel portable recorder with phantom power.

I am looking to build a 4 binaural rig consisting of 8 mic's would like to =
power them with 48v or pip.

What direction should I consider?

What hardware would give me 8ch pip or 8ch phantom?