Re: Hello and a Sony PCM D100 question

Subject: Re: Hello and a Sony PCM D100 question
From: "umashankar" umashanks
Date: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:11 am ((PDT))
just two points

a long time ago someone pointed out pcm and dsd are mappable to each other.=
 the advantage of pcm is the ease of processing.

how do two parallel a-d convertors improve matters. two capsules in paralle=
l have noise that is random and signal that is not, and it gives an improve=
ment in noise. What do you get if you combine two non-synchronous bitstream=
s? and if they are synchronous, what noise advantage can you get?

I think this is again an old problem, thinking analog in the digital domain=
.

umashankar