Re: Created Dates-Sony PCM to Mac

Subject: Re: Created Dates-Sony PCM to Mac
From: "umashankar" umashanks
Date: Fri May 3, 2013 7:04 pm ((PDT))
even with the cheap zoom H2 and now H2N, if you open BWF properties of a re=
corded file, you will find date and time of recording. these don't get chan=
ged, even if you split the file into parts. audition and audacity both read=
 the data. I do use date modified to sort my files, but the metadata is wha=
t I trust.
=C2=A0
umashankar

>________________________________

ification dates to be fragile information that could be easily lost. When I=
 copy the files off the recorder, I use a program (Ztree) to append the cre=
ation date/time in yyyymmddhhmmss format to the end of the file name so it =
can't be lost.

>I think with the M10, the files initially have the creation date set to th=
e time the recording started, and the modification date set to the time it =
ended. Either is useful, but I thought it seemed more logical to use the st=
art time.

>I also announce the time at the start and end, so I'm only keeping the tim=
e stamps for confirmation and the convenience of chronological sorting.

over.net>> wrote:

>Guy,
>
>I use a utility called A Better Finder Attributes for this purpose.
>
>http://www.publicspace.net/ABetterFinderAttributes/download.html
>
>The full version is $15.00, but the trial version is free and allows five =
files to be processed at a time. I process every file as soon as I import i=
t off the recorder, before the modification date gets changed. Very simple =
to copy the modification date to the creation date.