Re: Created Dates-Sony PCM to Mac

Subject: Re: Created Dates-Sony PCM to Mac
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Fri May 3, 2013 2:23 pm ((PDT))
Peter,

I have found Macs to be stable in retaining creation dates-times e.g.
when transferring audio files to external hard drives and back again,
the creation date is retained.  The modification date will change
according to when I last opened the file.  Daylight saving time is
tricky because the Mac can automatically add or subtract an hour
during the changeover month.

I have found with both Sound Devices and Olympus LS10 that the
creation date-time is shown as when the recording ENDED.  I agree
that a start time would be better.

It is excellent practice to announce the date-time on the tape, or
even at the beginning of a series of recordings, just to confirm what
the recorder files say.

Vicki