Re: Created Dates-Sony PCM to Mac

Subject: Re: Created Dates-Sony PCM to Mac
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Fri May 3, 2013 6:46 pm ((PDT))
Guy,

I am still on Mac 10.4.11 and I too drag and drop audio files.  When
they are all in a folder on the desktop, I open the folder and make
sure I select 'view as list'.  The 'date modified' column shows up
the original date and time of the recording.  I use this record, and
any spoken record, to add to my notes when I am transcribing my
recordings.  WAV files hold the date-time OK but I found MP3 format
files did not.

I don't format the cards, just put them in the recorder and start
recording.  When I delete the files I do that via the recorder and
not the computer.

All of the above is not necessarily best practice, but just how I do it.

Vicki