Re: Replacement for my Remembird

Subject: Re: Replacement for my Remembird
From: "Kevin Colver" kjcolver
Date: Wed Feb 9, 2011 10:34 am ((PST))
Mitch,

I visited Massachusetts last year and found the same difficulty in
locating a pristine recording spot.  I did find this location in the
western end of the state - http://tinyurl.com/2cozevu

Still, I would recommend purchasing the best mics affordable for
anyone wishing to capture natural sound.  You might find yourself
somewhere quiet some day and be able to capture the full effect of
your little paradise.  Maybe you'll visit a cave.  Maybe you'll visit
the Arctic National Wildlife refuge - http://tinyurl.com/45eevjh
Maybe you'll come join me for a recording expedition in Utah!
(Actually it can be tough, but not impossible, to find quiet places
here, too.  But I know where alot of them are.)

Mitch, you are so dead on correct, finding a good recording location
that still has interesting sounds is a major part of our art and craft.

Kevin J Colver

Soundscapes for Birders - a Podcast of Natural Sounds
www.7Loons.com