Re: Cataloging Sounds

Subject: Re: Cataloging Sounds
From: "Rick Munday" baumann1965
Date: Sun Nov 7, 2010 5:01 am ((PST))
I like the spreadsheet idea! And given that you used openoffice it's not
platform specific, which is a good thing since most apps listed here are Mac
specific. (I run Ubuntu Linux and Windows)

Would you be willing to share the spreadsheet Steve?

Another idea I was looking at was a wiki type log. Was going to play with
that after we move at the end of this month. I like the wiki platform and it
can be moved from host to host relatively simply, it can be ran on a home
machine (or network), and it's relatively easy to use.

The only issue with the wiki system and a lot of the others mentioned is the
KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle. Years ago I'd gotten into
photography and ran across the same issue.The apps are all very specific,
originally designed as a custom app for one person and then the authors
tried to market it off as a one-size-fits-all solution that doesn't really
work.