Re: mbho MBP 648 PZ

Subject: Re: mbho MBP 648 PZ
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:16 am ((PDT))
Hi umashankar -
Wouldn't the self-noise percentage in the mic's signal be raised
along with the increased output from the boundary effect?

There's a chance 7dB(A) self-noise for the MBP 648 PZ is a
misprint/substitution of the 7 mV/Pa sensitivity figure. As far as I
can tells, the MBP 648 PZ outfits capsules they've made for several
years. If we can some up with a MBHO capsule rated as 7 dB(A), it
gets interesting.  I'm sure they're much more expensive than
AT4022's.  Rob D.