Re: mbho MBP 648 PZ

Subject: Re: mbho MBP 648 PZ
From: "hartogj" hartogj
Date: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:02 am ((PDT))
It is not uncommon for a that noise free gain to be reflected in the noise
specs of a boundary mic.

For instance, specifications for the omnidirectional Shure capsule R183B show
20.5 dB when configured as lavalier mic MX183, and 14.5 dB when configured as
boundary mic MX391/O.
WL-183 specs show 22.5 dB which I am guessing is different than the MX183
because the noise specs include a different intended powering device - the
wireless bodypack transmitter for the wl-183, and the inline preamp for the
MX18.

WL183:
http://www.shure.com/idc/groups/public/documents/webcontent/us_pro_wl183_wl184_wl185_ug.pdf

MX183: