Re: from metadata to archiving

Subject: Re: from metadata to archiving
From: "Randy Perretta" first_avatar
Date: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:50 pm ((PDT))
I just got caught up on this thread so maybe reading all the messages made =
me think of this. Why not just use Subversion? I know there's gotta be some=
thing wrong with this but off hand I can't think of anything. =A0Wrap it up=
 with a music specific Cocoa front end and voila! Archiving, version contro=
l, check in check out for collaborative work, metadata. =A0Doesn't really c=
are about file types, I've seen it referred to in Logic and Ableton forums.=
=A0It's getting used in those apps. =A0I know people who keep shopping and =
to-do lists and casual personal stuff on it. That may be just a little bent=
.
The only downside I see is that Subversion likes to eat disk space when it'=
s playing with binaries - big diffs.
Anyone here using it in their DAW?