Re: from metadata to archiving

Subject: Re: from metadata to archiving
From: "John Lundsten" lundsten_john
Date: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:28 pm ((PDT))
Rob Danielson wrote|
| **Reaper (cross-platform $50) will import metadata and allow one to
| add notes and export excel compatible log sheets.

That is very interesting, more info please. I use Reaper a great deal &
thought I was up to date in what it did in the BWF / bext area {AFAIK they
do not use the iXML chunk at all}. But i can well believe I may have missed
some new capabilities the basic app is developing at massive speed & there
are some very talented writers of extensions too.
What i know of Reaper's bext capabilities is
1) it can place sound within the 24hrs covered by the timestamp & write new
timestamped files.
2) you can view the contents of the "Description Field", but annoyingly only
what fits in the fixed window / Info box
3) Write the file name into the "Description Field"
4) re-name clips using what is in "Description Field", (limited use this,
IMO)

One of the
| Extension developers for Reaper lives here in Wisconsin, but he needs
| to know what database the info is going into,..

Well that is an easy decision I recon, tab separated files are readable by
almost everything.
John L