Re: Suburban Soundscape and New Telinga Clip-Ons

Subject: Re: Suburban Soundscape and New Telinga Clip-Ons
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:22 pm ((PDT))
Hi Vicky!

Other mic capsules, to put it briefly. But in a config like Telinga
LS10 stereo, the difference is very small.
The capsules that I use for the Clip-On mic's sound fantastic as long
as you don't have any surface close to them. That is why there is no
point in using them in a PZM config.

Klas

>Vicky wrote:
>
>Question for Klas - what is the difference between the LS10 stereo
>mic that I have, and the new PIP mics?
>

>Vicki
>

>On 26/03/2010, at 2:32 PM, walunit wrote:
>

> > Hello John,
> >
> > Thanks so much for the suggestion and images. I'm going to give
> > this a go. I suspect it will work well with these nice new mics.
> >
> > Regarding using a different recorder -- That is a fine idea. For
> > now I have the LS-10 and an SD 722 work with. I will need to sort
> > out mic power to try the SD 722 with these new mics at some point.
> >
> > -Mike
> >
> > --- In  "JLMoore3"
> > <> wrote:
> >>
> >> Mike,
> >>
> >> You might consider making a miniature Jecklin disc for your Telinga
> >> Clip-Ons... something like this:
> >> DIY Jecklin
> <http://sound.flyingmonkeystudio.com/2009/02/more-diy- >> toys/>
> >>
> >> I built a pair of mini omni mics using a pair of Primo BT-EM158
> >> capsules
> >> from Frogloggers.com <http://www.frogloggers.com/FORMgallery4.htm>
> >> which work quite well with my Tascam DR-07, but am now considering
> >> moving up to the Telingas after hearing your results!
> >>
> >> John Moore
> >> Flying Monkey Studio - Soundblog <http://
> >> sound.flyingmonkeystudio.com>

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
Phone & fax int + 295 310 01
email:
website: www.telinga.com

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: