Re: Suburban Soundscape and New Telinga Clip-Ons

Subject: Re: Suburban Soundscape and New Telinga Clip-Ons
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:34 am ((PDT))
Good point, I didn't realize that people might think that they
violate the warranty if they experimented. (I am not sure that I have
understood you correctly, however. )

The package will contain two small tubes for storing the mic's when
they are packed down in a trunk or bag. It will also have a paper
saying something like "do not bend, twist or otherwise use force on
the capsules under the nylon mesh."

I really look forward to see what kinds of barriers and other gears
that people invent to make good recordings with these capsules!

Klas

At 12:23 2010-03-28, you wrote:
>Klas,
>     re: barrier,
>      Depends the packaging options, if the end user is not going to
> open the clips take the  wrapping off to expose the omnis in order
> to place them near a barrier perhaps an alternative may be offered
> for those that wish to experiment? Altering the packaging from your
> original to such an extent may void any warranty you offer.
>
>Ive not found any reason why they would not sound fantastic if they
>are near a surface other than the need for post EQ or alteration to
>the response - it depends on the barrier.
>
>Heres similar capsules used in a different boundaries:
>http://www.urlme.net/blog/?p=3D1213
>
>An example of how mine sound in urethane ears after EQ can be found
>in this article:-
>http://www.urlme.net/blog/?p=3D1307
>
>Or a nature recording:
>http://www.urlme.net/blog/?p=3D1297
>
>or Log spiral plate:
>http://www.urlme.net/blog/?p=3D1150
>
>or in my ear:-
>http://www.urlme.net/blog/?p=3D1096
>
>Its always possible to create EQ curves for a dummy head bringing them
>to free field similar to large diaphragm condensers:-
>http://www.urlme.net/blog/?p=3D1053
>
>Or to add deliberate 'interference' structures around them to boost
>key frequencies, after such increase in sensitivity the hiss in this
>example at 7khz all but vanishes once inverse EQ is applied bringing
>the mic back to free field. (or diffuse if you prefer that):-
>http://www.urlme.net/blog/?p=3D1032   (as used by Gordon Hempton)
>
>Maybe if the intended use is in DIY gear I would strongly urge you
>to offer them for such purpose even at premium prices? Im sure a lot
>of recordists would be very interested in access to these capsules
>and would be willing to beat a path to your door. The increased
>interest would also highlight attention to your other products which
>is a win win situation.
>
>Kind Regards
>Mike.
>

>--- In  Klas Strandberg <> wro=