Re: comparing 20 portable digital recorders

Subject: Re: comparing 20 portable digital recorders
From: "Robin" escalation746
Date: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:33 pm ((PST))
vickipowys wrote:

> In one of your charts you say that LS-10 and
> LS-11 use three AA batteries, when in
> fact both recorders use only two AA batteries.

Thanks for noticing. You'll find that typo is already fixed! I have been bu=
sy working away on recorder info this evening. I've also added the Sony PCM=
-M10 to the articles.

> Regarding your question on low-end roll-off
> with the Olympus recorders

I think you may be right that the Olympus rolls off no more than any other =
recorder that uses cardioid capsules. I have found it to be fine, though I =
don't have any other portable recorder on hand to compare with. (I have use=
d several models, but can only afford to own one!)

Perhaps I will set up a test alongside the FR-2LE with AT3032.

I will likely remove the remark from the article since it might be misleadi=
ng, in that many of the other recorders do not have mics that capture low f=
requencies.

P.S. We don't get enough thunder here for my liking!

-- robin