Re: Sony PCM-M10 - another new pocket-size recorder

Subject: Re: Sony PCM-M10 - another new pocket-size recorder
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:35 am ((PDT))
The only deal-breaker for me will be if the analog signal path is (as
one blogger surmised) would be degraded to meet the price point.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but of course, no one will know until it's released!

>From the wisdom I've absorbed on this list, I would assume that no
such compromise would be necessary, and that it is quite feasible Sony
could implement the same design in this form factor without it meaning
the price had to be higher...

I am quite delighted to see this news, this is precisely the revision
of the D50 I was waiting for -- the keys for me being size and the use
of another format than memory stick. I've been close to pulling the
trigger on a D50 for months, wanting something in the sweet spot
between my H2 and 722 for recording with my Sonic Studios
binaural-esqe rig, and this looks like it could be it. :D

Optical digital I/O would seem quite extraneous if you have recordings
on a memory card; curious why's that an issue for you Scott, do you
use the optical in and use your deck as a "bit bucket"?

aaron

--

  quietamerican.org
  oneminutevacation.org