Re: Sony PCM-M10 - another new pocket-size recorder

Subject: Re: Sony PCM-M10 - another new pocket-size recorder
From: "Matt Blaze" matthew.blaze
Date: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:12 pm ((PDT))
This looks great.  The smaller size and use of a commodity memory card
are big improvements, and but for a few things, this could be the
sweet spot compromise for an all-around handheld recorder (assuming
the mics and preamps are up to the D50's standard).

I notice the mic capsules are spaced on the corners, similar to the
way they are in the LS-10.  It's not clear from the photos or the
video whether theyflipped inward the way they can on the D50, but even
if they do, it looks like they'd still be about 3cm apart.  So at
best, the XY mode in the M10 would be even less coincident than they
are in the D1 and D50  (which are about 1cm apart, center-center).

-matt