Re: Sony PCM-M10 - another new pocket-size recorder

Subject: Re: Sony PCM-M10 - another new pocket-size recorder
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:25 am ((PDT))
At 4:58 PM +0000 7/19/09, oryoki2000 wrote:

>Another pocket-size recorder has been announced at the
>Summer NAMM show in Nashville, Tennessee USA. It's the
>Sony PCM-M10.
>
>The PCM-M10 is smaller and, at $399, somewhat cheaper
>than Sony's PCM-D50. Controls and feature set seem very
>close to the D50, so it's not clear how Sony plans to
>differentiate between the two machines. Since my major
>fomplaint about the D50 is its size, I think Sony have
>a winner in the M10.
>
>Here's a web page with a brief description of the M10,
>plus a video interview with the product manager.
>
><http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=11803>http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=11803
>
>--oryoki

Hi oryoki--

That would be great, huh!? If Sony has retained the preamp quality
and the continuous recording feature of the D1 and D50, it looks like
all the key features could be there with plusses like an easier to
use menu and (high capacity) Micro SD cards. No phantom power in such
a small profile, but one can dust off the Rolls or Art for the low
noise condenser mics. My fingers and toes are crossed.  Rob D.