Re: SD 702 compact flash card corruption

Subject: Re: SD 702 compact flash card corruption
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Sun May 18, 2008 9:48 am ((PDT))
Just to mention that I for one hardly ever use batteries, and my 744
is my main recorder on live music gigs. The original battery never
lasted more that 90 minutes, and the larger ones have been dependable
the few times I've needed them - except the chinese ones have the pin
sockets pull out and break off on two out of five I have tried.

I wonder if any of you have written to support at SD and the owners'
forum? I'll go looking, but it would be a good alert for others to do
so.

Never had a card problem (knock wood) and I reformat every time I put
the card back in the machine after copying files to my Mac. I would
not simply delete files without reformatting, it just seems safer to
start fresh every time.

Lou