Re: Field Tripod

Subject: Re: Field Tripod
From: "ozrall" ozrall
Date: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:39 pm ((PDT))
Walt and John,

They look like peas out of a pod - I think my tripod is pretty much
the same.

Funny you should show that one with a SASS.
I would like my next purchase to be a SASS modded for a pair of MKH8020's
They don't seem to be available in this country.

Are they Coyotes I hear in the background ?

I got an off the shelf brass studio lighting threaded (double ended)
adapter for my rig that I just turned down the hex head flanges that
would normally be used to tighten it down with a spanner and it fitted
perfectly - it was a 2 minute mod and cost $8 from the local pro photo
shop.

I think for John's intended use he could just get one of the small
lighting tripods with a single extension and without air dampening.

Cheers
Rally

--- In  Walter Knapp <> wrote:

> Posted by: "ozrall"
>
> > I use a photographic lighting tripod.
>
> I also use the lighting tripods.  For much the same reason, they can
get
> up much higher and are cheaper than photo tripods.
>
> Mine reach up about 15', where the SASS can pick up cleaner sound, not
> full of the reflections and absorptions close to the ground. Here's
what
> it looks like in use:
> http://wwknapp.home.mindspring.com/tall.tripod.1.jpg
> I machined an adapter fitting to go from the lighting tripod to my
SASS.