Re: New Equipment: KorgMR1000 v Sound Devices 702

Subject: Re: New Equipment: KorgMR1000 v Sound Devices 702
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:17 am ((PDT))
>With the Korg MR 1000 you can press the record button and the unit
>goes into record/standby mode until you press the play/pause button.
>In record/standby mode, you can adjust the levels through the headphones.
>
>With the SD 7xxx you just hit record and away it goes. It does have a
>recording buffer of 10 seconds. My question is, does that buffer go
>into the headphones to allow pre recording level setting???

Normally I would be monitoring the record bus on the headphones. It's
real time, as you would expect.

The only time the buffer figures into monitoring is when you are
monitoring "from tape." Then what you hear when rolling is delayed; I
believe by the maximum pre-record time no matter what pre-record
you've actually set.

>Also, the manual talks about pressing pause while in play mode but
>nothing about what happens if you press pause in record mode. Any ideas???

There is no pause in recording. It's always in rec-pause, in a sense.
If you press REC during recording, it seamlessly starts a new file.
If you hit STOP (pause) during recording, it stops recording.

-Dan Dugan (dealer)