Re: New Equipment: KorgMR1000 v Sound Devices 702

Subject: Re: New Equipment: KorgMR1000 v Sound Devices 702
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:20 pm ((PDT))
On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 1:48 AM, artsonics <> wrote:
>   I purchased a Korg MR1000 last August and I am regretting it. The
>  big problem with the Korg is the very hissy mic preamps that are
>  totally unsuitable as a field recorder,especially for low level sounds.

Fwiw,

if you want to sell it, you might try the Taperssection Forums or
particularly the classifieds at Gearslutz... on the "location sound"
forum I haunt at the latter, there are numerous vocal proponents who
regularly proclaim their love of that unit for their kind of work, and
think it has the best "character" of the current recorders in its
vague price range... (including the Sound Devices 7 series).

Just goes to show how specific the requirements are for nature recording!

 best,
  aaron

--

 quietamerican.org