Digital recording device

Subject: Digital recording device
From: "dalston27" dalston27
Date: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:30 am ((PDT))
Hello. Can anyone give me some advice about buying a digital recording
device. At present I use a sony Minidisc recorder , is there a digital
equivalent?. I have heard about a Belkin Universal microphone adaptor
for use with an Ipod MP3 player . Does anyone know if it is any good or
not. I am recording mainly bird song and also human voices for later
use on digital video or AV slideshow presentation. I also need to get
hold of some software to capture the sound onto my computer . At the
moment I have been using Windows sound recorder but this seems to have
a limit of 1 minute of recording time. Sorry alot of questions but can
anyone help me?
Thanks in advance
Dave