Stereo mics

Subject: Stereo mics
From: "artsonics" artsonics
Date: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:44 pm ((PST))
Well as no one seems to have replied to an earlier post regarding the
Sennheiser MKH 418 I assume no one on this group is using one so now I
 am looking at the AT815st which some members have mentioned using.
While doing a search for info on this stereo mic it appears AT have or
are about to release a new stereo mic as the BP4027. Further web
searching has proved a bit confusing as on some sites it turns up as
the AT815 and others a newer model. On bhphotvideo site they have this
listed as the AT815st. I am wondering if its a new model. It is
considerably cheaper than the Sennheiser 418. Does anyone have any
experience with this or seen any reviews. I know several on this group
prefer to use dual mono mics rather than single point stereo and I can
understand the flexibility that setup offers but unless anyone can
explain how to adapt a standard Rycote single mic suspension and
windscreen to take two mics I have little option unless I buy a stereo
suspension....it seems the cheaper way to go....but would the 418 be a
better mic than the AT815/BP4027? perhaps someone could recommend a
good stereo mic.

                           thanks all
                                     clint