Re: Book

Subject: Re: Book
From: "Christian Van Horn" no_mas_films
Date: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:34 pm ((PST))
WOW! Not only do you have a talking macaw, but one who hosts his own
internet website? I can't do that, and english is my first
language! ;-) Seriously, this sounds like a great project and a good
read. Post the web link when you have time. Oh, and keep this whole
talking bird project secret... Gateway and Compaq will want to
outsource their customer support to them.  Chris

--- In  Michael Dalton
<> wrote:

> Dear Recordists,
>
>   This note is to inform you of my forthcoming hardcover book. The
volume, called Another Kind of Mind: A Talking Bird Masters English,
describes and analyzes recorded speech sequences spoken by a talented
macaw. Transcriptions of the bird's speech show her to think about
many topics and reveal that she is conscious.

>   Supplementing the book, new samples of her speech will be
available for reader's to hear at the macaw's Internet site. I
identify transcriptions of the bird's cognitive speech in the text
with the corresponding electronically accessible sound clip.

>   If you wish to receive a press release (WORD), please inform me,
and I will send it as an attachment to an e-mail.