Book

Subject: Book
From: "Michael Dalton" mdaltonarielle
Date: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:22 am ((PST))
Dear Recordists,

  This note is to inform you of my forthcoming hardcover book. The volume, =
called Another Kind of Mind: A Talking Bird Masters English, describes and =
analyzes recorded speech sequences spoken by a talented macaw. Transcriptio=
ns of the bird=92s speech show her to think about many topics and reveal th=
at she is conscious.

  Supplementing the book, new samples of her speech will be available for r=
eader=92s to hear at the macaw's Internet site. I identify transcriptions o=
f the bird=92s cognitive speech in the text with the corresponding electron=
ically accessible sound clip.

  If you wish to receive a press release (WORD), please inform me, and I wi=
ll send it as an attachment to an e-mail.

  Best regards,

  Michael Dalton
  Florida