Re: modified ambient recording setup AT 3032

Subject: Re: modified ambient recording setup AT 3032
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:54 pm ((PST))
further to the comment from my previous post: the older AT3032 has a
frequency response which is "rotated" around 2-4k vs the newer mic -
bottoms are slightly boosted and above 4k is slightly cut.
As an experiment I've tried eq'ing  a recent field recording to cut
the lows and boost mid/highs on the older mic, also added in some
gain to bring the other channel up and the overall improvement is
quite significant. The imaging seems to be much sharper for starters.
I'm in the process of moving across to a new website and will post
the files there in the next couple of days.

cheers
Paul

On 25/11/2007, at 8:28 PM, Paul Jacobson wrote:

> The frequency response seems to be slightly different
> between the two mics.

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: