Re: modified ambient recording setup AT 3032

Subject: Re: modified ambient recording setup AT 3032
From: "therebesandinmypants" therebesandinmypants
Date: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:14 am ((PST))
many thanks from me as well! i've nearly completed building my first
stereo AT3032 rig with immense help from everyone here.

a few more field tests and some more wind modifications and i think it
will be ready to go.

a few questions:
1) how would i go about testing each mic to make sure they match? i
was planning on pumping out some white noise and recording each one
from the same perspective. then maybe checking it on a graphic eq
program in protools? is there anything else i can do to test their
response?

2)i've recently installed some rain gutter mesh similar to Paul
Jacobson's modified rig: http://www.mactrix.com.au/node/24.
is there a realistic difference between the expensive, commercially
avalable "wind muff" material and other similar looking "faux fur"
materials? any suggestions would be lovely.

cheers,
jeremy