High quality Mic preamps

Subject: High quality Mic preamps
From: "artsonics" artsonics
Date: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:44 am ((PST))
Thanks again for the replys regarding mic pre amps. After looking at
some of these options I was leaning toward the mixpre but now
considering the 302 with extra mic input and M/S decoding. Although
this is an expensive unit I like the features, small size and have
seen nothing comparable as an option.
Dan Dugan said he personally liked to monitor M/S while recording in
that technique....I would be interested to find out if there are other
 pre's offering similar features. Are you using a 302 Dan or is there
other units offering similar features?
Coming from using other audio equipement I wish there were a pair of
1/4 inch output jacks or even RCA's. However I see connectors on these
devices I am not so familiar with....such as TA3 and Hirose, which I
assume are for interfacing with camera gear. This has me wondering if
this device is mainly for video as opposed to audio.

                           thank you clint