Re: K-Tek K-Zep Windscreens and Questions

Subject: Re: K-Tek K-Zep Windscreens and Questions
From: "Philip Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:38 am ((PDT))
Whenever I have used a microphone for recording dialogue be it handheld, on=
 the end of a pole or in the end of a boom 'aiming' was achieved through 'l=
istening'. You can soon tell if something is 'on-mic' by the sound you hear=
. The same applies to recording bird song if you are pointing directly at t=
he bird you will hear it, move the mic so you are no longer 'pointing' at t=
he bird and you will hear the difference. This is only relevant for directi=
onal microphones, of course, and the more directional the more pronounced i=
t will be.

Phil