Re: K-Tek K-Zep Windscreens and Questions

Subject: Re: K-Tek K-Zep Windscreens and Questions
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:06 pm ((PDT))
As others have mentioned before...the real cost of these items is
often in the engineering.  Making something that just 'works' day
in/day out in the field is deceptively hard.  The Rycote's look
simple, but just think how well they work...durable, simple,
effective.  I have heard the Cavision zeppelin doesn't last that long
before it gets out of wack and falls apart.  But I've not seen one in
person, so I can't say that for a fact.  K-tek makes great stuff so
I'd imagine their system works better.

Also regarding air space.  Yes too little is bad.  But also too much
space can be bad, causing cueing issues.

Danny