Re: original sony batterys vs. clone

Subject: Re: original sony batterys vs. clone
From: "Tim Nielsen" supernielsen
Date: Wed Apr 4, 2007 8:23 am ((PDT))
I buy most of mine from www.keybattery.com, they sell a generic
FP-960 battery for $35, and they've been working great. Get 4 hours
of so from each one. But I think mine are only 6000mAH, the one
you've linked to is 6600, which is high as I've seen. That price
looks good, I wouldn't hesitate buying one to try it.

I expect that the 'insides' of these batteries are basically the
same. They might even be made by the same company, and just branded
different.

I can't imagine how any battery could damage the recorder. The worst
thing that will happen is the battery won't last as long, which some
people have reported with generic batteries.

But I have six 6000mAH, four from Key Battery, and two from
www.batterybank.com, and they've been OK.

The only issue I've had, is that the little 'sleeve' on the battery
where the power prong from the 722 goes in, the sleeve has pulled out
on two of the batteries while I'm taking them off the 722. They don't
appear to be glued in, just friction holding them in. But I actually
blame the 722 more than the battery, because the prongs that they're
using are very 'tight' fit into the batteries, probably more than
they need to be. So not sure if this has happened to anyone else, if
it happens to the Sony batteries, etc. I just have to be a bit
careful taking the batteries off.

Tim