Re: Sound Devices 442 Mixer

Subject: Re: Sound Devices 442 Mixer
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:33 am ((PDT))
Oh yes I know what you mean...I have an MP2 and find this to be a
weird problem.  I suppose I could get longer interconnects.

Rob's idea of adding a 722 instead sounds promising.  Well you already
have one in fact.  Why do you need a four channel preamp for the Ares
PII?  Just for the MS decoding?  Well, you could probably find a used
MP2 if you wait a little.  They pop up on Taperssection regularly.
That really is a sweet little box.  It's amazing no one makes a small
2 channel standalone preamp with MS decoding anymore.  In fact the
only 2 little boxes to do MS decoding I found were the MP2 and the AEA
MS38 lite..both aren't made anymore.

But using the 722 and 744t together sounds good.  Come on Martyn you
know 4 channels isn't good enough:)  You need 6!:)

Danny

--- In  "Martyn Stewart" <>