Re: Noisy Marantz PMD recorders

Subject: Re: Noisy Marantz PMD recorders
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:50 pm ((PDT))
A couple years ago I posted a recording made with a PMD670 and NT1-As
and Klas pointed out that "hole-in-the-tooth" PMD670 noise he suffers
from.

Here's a similar unedited example from the same recording (5.2mb)
http://www.rockscallop.org/test/jh_ntia-pmd670_example.wav

Or for those who prefer a smaller file (731 k)
http://www.rockscallop.org/test/jh_ntia-pmd670_example.mp3

Actually I think this recording can clean up nicely with a little eq.
What do others think?

Honestly, the PMD670 is not a great recorder.  If user friendliness is
the most important thing, it is nice. But it's not worth the price for
its shortcomings in quality.

John Hartog

--- In  Klas Strandberg <>