Re: Sound Devices 702

Subject: Re: Sound Devices 702
From: "Richard Humphries" mdsfx
Date: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:45 am ((PDT))
--- In  "Rich Peet" <> wrote:

> I looked at the 702 and am not a fan of that product.
> Why buy a unit that does not work.
> The 702 is the 722 without the harddrive that can not be inserted by
> the user.
> I could have understood a 704 that contained 4 mic pre's that used the
> space.  Or a 702 that could have had the consumer install a harddrive
> to make a 722.
>
> I own a 722 and usually record to the Flashdrive to save power.
>
> A Wisconsin based company should understand this way of thinking.
>
> Rich
> who owns a 722

I grew up mostly in Minnesota but with a couple years in Wisconsin and
 guess I too don't understand your way of thinking. I sold my Deva II
with a hard drive and replaced it with a 702t with no hard drive. I
don't miss the hard drive one bit, and I spent the money I saved on (a
portion of) a new mic.

My way of thinking says pay only for the options you need.

-Richard