Re: Sound Devices 702

Subject: Re: Sound Devices 702
From: "Tim Nielsen" supernielsen
Date: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:23 pm ((PDT))
I'm currently running a 722, and my old setup was a Grace V2 into an
HHB Portadat, so our situations are very similar

I recently sold my V2. The fact is, the preamp in the 722 (or 702,
same preamp) is very close to the quality of the V2. The 722 preamp
is just as quiet, although I did think the V2 was a tiny bit more
spacious sounding.

BUT, they're very very close, and it wasn't enough to even
considering taking the V2 along anymore. As much as I loved it, the
722 preamp was just as usable in the field, and therefore the V2 was
sold off.

Good luck,

Tim