Re: Ergonomic Barriers

Subject: Re: Ergonomic Barriers
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:56 pm ((PST))
At 7:32 PM +0000 1/24/07, tk7859 wrote:

re:

>http://ad2004.hku.nl/naturesound/TomR/adjmp3comp.mp3

Conditions: NT4 (+18dB) ->  PCBTB (ref volume) Hi-MD recorders both
at rec level 21. No compression.

The PCBTB seems to be a good example of how one can save hundreds of
dollars and get better results through on-line resources and some
time in the workshop. To my ears, with headphones, the impact created
by the PCBTB is smoother, more spacious and slightly less hissy. No
question in my mind which of these two rigs I'd prefer to have in the
field.

For those who regard Tom's rig as more cumbersome, you might recall
that the NT-4's weight demands a very hefty shock-mount.

Congrats Tom! Quite an achievement for you, Richard, Curt, Rich and
others whose experiments you were able to expertly incorporate. Rob D.

--
Rob Danielson
Peck School of the Arts